Saturday, March 21, 2009

Appointment @ Othopedics


Kaden had a hospital appointment on Wednesday about his back starting to curve.They looked at his 2 recent x-rays and some from his 1st few days of life and showed me the difference between then and now.He said that from day 1 Kaden had a slight but hardly noticeable bend in his spine which since then has become worse and he thinks he may have scoliosis.He said he wants an Mri scan done of Kaden and from there he will decide the next step to take - he wants too see if there are any abnormalities in his spine.The doctor said he would refer him to the surgeon in Edinburgh as we dont have one in Aberdeen and we'll take it from there.I'm a bit anxious as Kaden will need to go into the hospital in Aberdeen for a day and be sedated to do the Mri scan - so its just another waiting game.
Here's Kaden and his best pal having a snooze after a busy day.

2 comments:

Vicki Jensen said...

Hi Gil. I hope everything is OK and they don't have to do anything invasive. I love the picture. Kaden is getting so big!
Vic

mummy to angel SKYLA said...

Hi Gil, its just one thing after another. I hope it wont mean major surgery for your little guy. I love the pic with his dog. So cute. Not long to go now with bubby. I think they are booking me in for the 7th May. So prob wont be home in time for mothers day but we will see. Hope you are well.

Kristy, Angel SKYLA'S mummy xox